Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #16



Thirteen Things I Love About Where I Live

  1. There is not a lot of traffic on our road.
  2. This considered out in the country, since we are anywhere from 10 to 15 miles from the nearest towns.
  3. Our neighbors are not close, so we have lots of privacy
  4. Our property in front of our house is covered with lots of trees - pines and oaks.
  5. It was a great place to raise our children. And, our grandchildren have plenty of place to play ball or ride the three-wheeler.
  6. I live in one of the greatest states in the South.
  7. We live in 'God's country'.
  8. My state is within the Bible belt.
  9. My church is close.
  10. I have plenty of room to walk, instead of having to go to a track; that is, if I would get back to walking!
  11. We don't have to worry about a train blowing its whistle any time of the day or night.
  12. It is nice to be away from the noise in a town.
  13. AND, we own our home, so I guess we will stay!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1. amy
2. Jen
3. suki
4. Shoshana
5. Skittles
6. Caylynn
7. Regina
8. MommyBa
9. Chupieandjsmama
10. Janene
11. Andrea
12. Michelle
13. Missy
14. Janet
15. Gabrielle
16. Debby
17. Kathleen Marie
18. Gail
19. beth
20. Caryle
21. Sanni
22. Amy
23. Random Yak
24. Cheysuli
25. ally bean
26. Cheryl
27. adventures in juggling
28. Carol
29. bernie
30. thebluestbutterfly
31. Deanna
32. DKRaymer
33. Mitch
34. My Twenty Cents Keeps Moving
35. ribbiticus
36. N.Mallory
37. Kailani
38. Sophisticated Writer
39. Michelle at scribbit

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

32 Comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a great place to be

Jen said...

Oh, that DOES sound nice! I would love to have enough room that my kids could really roam around outside. They are pretty well done exploring our postage stamp yard...

My T-13 is up!

Anonymous said...

:) Great list. Happy Thursday!

Girlie said...

Oh that's nice! I'd love to own my home..instead of the bank and I

Anonymous said...

I find that if you love where you live everything else in life sort of slides into place. Home is much more than a house and it sounds like you have a wonderful home.

Caylynn said...

Great list. :) It's wonderful that you love where you live so much. :)

Happy T13. :)

Gina said...

I love open space, that was the selling point for our house neighbors, but not too close!

DigiscrapMom said...

I have dreams of living in the country when I'm older. I hope to be able to make that dream come true!

Happy Thursday!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great list! Sounds like we live in very similar places, but we live up north (boo, snow). Have a great week:D

Unknown said...

I'd love to have a house where I wasn't smack dab next to my neighbors. That's actually a goal of ours...to some day own a house with some land!

Thanks for stopping by!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Sounds lovely. Have a beautiful TT. Mine are up.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of where I grew up. My parents still live there!

Anonymous said...

Quite a few of those things sound great, altho I'll pass on a couple :)

Anonymous said...

I adore privacy. Hehe. Thanks for stopping by!

Debby said...

Great list! It's always nice to stop and remember why we appreciate the places we live, since our entire lives happen there. Happy Thursday and thanks for visiting!

Ms. Kathleen said...

I almost thought you were from the Black Hills at first, God's Country, 15 miles from the nearest town,...that's me. South Dakota is considered "God's Country" as well.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

It sounds a little like where we live, but we do live in a small town instead of close by. But in the South, in the Bible belt and our church is close by! And it's been a good place for our kids although none seem to be moving back here!
Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I think we might live in the same neighborhood! Cause I definitly live in the best state in the South :)

Great list - I live in a quiet, private, lovely neighborhood in the South so I know exactly what you mean.

We even don't mind our nekked neighbor. He's a source a lot of jokes - we don't really sit around and stare at him that much lolol

Anonymous said...

I've traded travel for owning my own home, so far. Perhaps when I meet the right man and we become a two income household, it will become more feasible.

On the other hand, my travel experiences have truly enriched my life and I've learned so many things by leaving the country.

It'll work itself out in the end. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Nicely done... sounds like a quite and peaceful place to stay. I like your header quote a lot.

kind regards from Germany
S.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you live in a cat friendly environment.

Anonymous said...

My husband dreams of buying property in the country and moving out there. The kids would definately enjoy running around outside and breathing in the fresh air. But for now we are content where we live! Great TT!

Barbara said...

ally bean, we aren't THAT country. :) We have black-toppedroads, city water, electricity, (no cable) but we have DirecTV, and DSL. We are just considered country. My thoughts of country used to be dirt roads (I lived on those even in a little town as a girl), no neighbors really close (we have several in our neighborhood) - we just aren't in hollering distance.

And, to keep us safe, we have ADT, the alarm guys! And, the police do show up, if they get a call.

All in all, this is a great place to be. We lived here for 25 years with no problem with burglars. Then, they struck our house while we were tending to our daughter having surgery and keeping her kids at her house. That was before ADT almost 5 years ago,and we haven't had a problem since.

Laura said...

it's good to love where one lives. i wouldn't trade where i live for anywhere else.
thanks for isiting my tt today and for the birthday wishes.

bernie said...

I'm a city boy and I need a certain amount of noise. Without noise and movement, like a shark, I will die.

I linked to your article from 13 Reasons Republicans Lost

Carol said...

Excellent reasons to love your home! Sounds like a great place.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great place to live!
Everything on your list would be exactly opposite of where I live - sigh - the older I get the further out of town I want to be...well not really OUT of town but just a much smaller town :)
Thanks for visiting today!

Anonymous said...

a great list of so many things to be thankful for! thanks for stopping by! ;)

Anonymous said...

You're lucky. I've always wanted a home away from everybody else. I like my privacy.

Sophisticated Writer said...

Sounds like a great place to live. Wish I lived somewhere like that.

Scribbit said...

You sound like an optimistic, positive person. A nice kind to be around!

Barb said...

How blessed we both are to love where we live, Barbara. Honestly, your place sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth. I'm sure your five grandchildren love going to Grandma's house. What child wouldn't?