Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #17



Thirteen Things about Thanksgiving

  1. Thanksgiving, for me, starts the year of holidays, even though it's in November.
  2. I love to get together with my family.
  3. I love holiday meals! There is always so many great things to choose from to eat.
  4. I love sweet potato pies. I have cooked four for tomorrow.
  5. My oldest grandson loves my dressing, so I always make him a pan to take home.
  6. My potato salad is always requested. And, if any is left, my son always has to take some home with him. This year, we are having Thanksgiving at his home, so he will probably keep what is left.
  7. Thanksgiving is a great time of fellowship.
  8. Thanksgiving seems to be the start of the best of holidays. Then, comes Christmas!
  9. I love Fall and the beautiful colors,which seem to go with Thanksgiving.
  10. My husband's birthday always comes close to Thanksgiving - it was today. And, my birthday is only 3 weeks away.
  11. Thanksgiving usually means turkey. But, we always cook a ham, too. I usually only cook a turkey breast, since we love only the white meat. But, my daughter's family loves the whole bird.
  12. We always eat too much! I guess holidays are famous for having too much food to choose from.
  13. One more day to thank God for all His Blessings!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. Caryle
2. Cheryl
3. beth
4. Michelle at scribbit
5. Caylynn
6. Nathalitanis
7. Charlotte
8. Chupieandjsmama
9. Sanni
10. Skittles
11. Sonny
12. Brony
13. Joan

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



Technorati Tags:

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays though in the past few years our gatherings have dwindled. This year it's me and my hubby, our three small children, and my parents. They are a blessing, though!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like you are going to have wonderful one!

Scribbit said...

Ham and turkey? No one complains about more food.

Caylynn said...

Great list! :) Wonderful things about Thanksgiving, except the eating too much. ;)

When it's just my husband and I for Thanksgiving, we usually just cook a Turkey breast as well, since there's only the two of us, and since we both prefer white meat.

Although I celebrated Thanksgiving last month (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October), a Happy Thanksgiving to you. :)

Nathalie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy said...

You're having a busy holiday. The best food is that made with love!!

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving :)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Mine is about Thanksgiving too. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

A very nice Thanksgiving-list.

.•:*¨¨*:•Happy Thanksgiving•:*¨¨*:•.

from Germany,

S. (looking forward to Christmas)

Barb said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy TT!

Sonny said...

Nice list!
Have a save and happy Thanksgiving!
Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny

http://sweetlikekitty.blogspot.com

BlondeBrony said...

Enjoy your thanksgiving.

Happy TT!