Thursday, December 29, 2005

Little Things Matter To God

Sometimes we think that God won't honor a small, insignificant prayer request. I have to disagree with that because of what happened today.

I had meant to go exchange a couple gifts my grandson got for Christmas at my house on Sunday evening - from me, and his aunt. But, I got up sick on Monday and just got feeling well enough to go out today. I had bought him an outfit to match - cream colored. The top was a Niki Hoody, and he's very tall, with long arms, for a 17 year old. I got to the Mall, looked through all the Niki Hoodys, and only found 2 of the larger size, navy blue and red. I was upset, and I called my grandson. He decided on the navy blue, although he wasn't that enthused on having to 'settle' for something he really didn't want.

I decided to go to another store I knew carried the Niki brand, but they didn't have the cream colored one, either. So, back to the store I went. But, on the way across the mall, I began to pray, "Lord, my grandson is very disappointed on not getting the cream shirt. Please let one be there when I get back. And, I just thank you for this." Sounds funny, to some, I'm sure - but God hears - He's intervened for me before! And, today, I had the feeling it was going to happen again. So, I entered the store, and as I got near the men's department, I looked across the store down the aisles to a place near the Niki Hoodys. And, there, hanging out of place with other jackets, was a hoody, a cream one,at that! I said, 'thank you, Lord. That's my XL jacket. And, I strolled over to check, and sure enough, it was the one I needed. I just hollered, "Thank you, Lord." Didn't care whether I drawed attention or not! But, I was careful to tell several people how good God had been to me today.

Not only did the Hoody 'appear', it cost me about $26 less than what I had paid for it the week before Christmas! Now, isn't God good!

Liinked at bRight and Early
Thursday's Specials at Jo's Cafe
Customerservant.com Trackback Thursday
Thanks to Is It Just Me?


2 Comments:

Phil said...

Amen! And I like how you thanked God in advance.

Barbara said...

We are to give thanks in all things. :) Even if I hadn't gotten the cream one, at least, they did have the correct size in a Niki. But, I am so happy that the cream one so mysteriously appeared - although it wasn't really a mystery to me. I expected it. :)