Sunday, April 30, 2006

God's Wonders

This afternoon, we had a large thunderstorm. We had been out shopping.When we got near our home, we looked into the sky and saw the most beautiful rainbow there ever has been. By the time my husband got out of the truck,into the house to get his camera, and back out where he could take the picture, it was disappearing under the clouds.The other side was much prettier, but it was almost hid by the dark clouds coming over, so this is mostly what we got.

But, isn't God good to show us beauty in the skies! Man could never recreate what God has shown us through the sun and rain - the seven beautiful colors that shine so bright.

Matthew Henry has this to say:

It was appointed as a witness of the divine faithfulness (Gen. 9:12-17). It existed indeed before, but it was then constituted as a sign of the covenant.

Genesis 9:14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
Genesis 9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
Genesis 9:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
Genesis 9:17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Linked at Conservative Cat

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

Barb..thats absolutely lovely!!

Barbara said...

Thanks. I just wish he could have gotten the full rainbow as we saw it. God makes such beautiful things!