Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fourth of July Fireworks On Red Mountain



Tonight, we watched the annual 4th of July Fireworks atop Red Mountain, but, we sat in the comfort of our home doing so. It was beautiful!

The songs were led out by Randy Owen, of the group "Alabama", singing American Pride. Then, came America the Beautiful; Freedom, and then, "I'm Proud To Be An American" by Lee Greenwood. Along came God Bless America, and Dueling Banjos. By then, I sort of lost out. American Pride brought tears to my eyes, and Lee Greenwood did me in. I am truly glad to be an American, in the 'land of the free, and home of the brave.'

It was such a beautiful show this year, as always. Thanks to Fox 6 News in Birmingham, and Crazy Bill's Fireworks for the spectacular show. Looking forward to it again next year.

Linked at Conservative Cat

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Tammy said...

It sounds like a great show...I love Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American". It's wonderful.
Glad you had a good 4th!
Blessings,
~Tammy

Barbara said...

It was nice. Would loved to have been there in person, though. Fox 6 had a contest to win the front row seat, and a young woman won it. She brought her fiance who was home on leave from the military - first time he had been home in 3 years for the 4th. I thought that was very fitting for the day, too. They interviewed them after the show was over.