- Today is our ANNIVERSARY! Bill and I have been married 42 years. He wished me Happy Anniversary at 4:20AM this morning, as he started out the door to work.
- I got a phone call from my daughter at 8:05, wishing me a Happy Anniversary. She never fails to wake me up in the morning, if I've had a bad time sleeping. My son emailed me a Happy Anniversary about the same time.
- It is now 9:30 and I have not had breakfast. Computing is addicting, folks! I often check my emails early in the morning, only to get caught up in computing and forget about eating.
- There is lots of things I need to do in my house, but this will be a day of laziness! After all, I'm celebrating my anniversary!
- We woke up to rain this morning, the first rain we have had in ages! Still not enough, but we thank God for every drop!
- I need to rescue a birdfeeder. We have too many squirrels, and they get into our birdfeeders. One of them finally knocked the bottom out of one of Bill's wooden house feeders. I also need to put out bird feed in 2 others. For now, the Hummingbird and Goldfinch feeders are in good shape. And, I've seen several Goldfinch already.
- I need to read the rest of the book I am reviewing for Active Christian Media, called "Why Christians Don't Vote For Democrats".
- The laptop will probably come out today. I haven't had it out of the case in weeks, due to keeping grandsons (they aren't with us this week). I can take it and sit in the recliner and 'bird watch', something I miss, since moving my computer out of the Den into our computer room.
- I read this morning's newsletter from Joel and Victoria Osteen. Today's scripture was about the tongue (Prov 18:21). Their headline was 'Say it out loud! God favors me!'
- I took out time in between writing to cook my breakfast (egg, toast, coffee, & applesauce), and now I am eating at my computer. I told you this is addicting!
- The first thing I do each morning, after checking emails, is to surf the blogs I read. Somehow, I stumbled on a first-time Thirteen-er, and then I jumped over to Carol's and read hers. I was inspired by both, so I am writing my first 13 post.
- I have realized I need to lose some weight! Why? Because my favorite dresses are too tight, I feel like a 'blimp', although everyone says that is not true. But, you know women! When we get this notion that we are 'fat' - then 'Katie, bar the door!' There is no telling us otherwise. Any suggestions on losing a few extra pounds? I would give them away!
- Last, but not least, I love blogging, and the many friends I have made through this medium. I have a website, but it's become second behind the blog! I believe it was God-ordained, and I do need to keep it up, but you bloggers have me, as Carol says it best, 'a little wild'. Thanks for the wonderful company!
13. Chaotic Mom
14. Cindy Swanson
20. Friday\'s Child