1. My first date with my future husband. We went to a drag race. And, the funny thing is we were both dressed in the same colors – black slacks, and white shirts.
2. The day we got married at the Courthouse. The judge who married us talked to us just like a marriage counselor or preacher would have before he would marry us.
3. The birth of my son and daughter.
4. The day the basement for our home was dug.
5. The Christmas I was surprised with a diamond ring. My husband and daughter put the ring box in a bigger box, and surrounded it with bricks, making it very heavy. I obviously had no idea what was in it, and was very surprised!
6. The Christmas we gave our son and daughter their Honda 4 Wheeler, when they were young teens. We took a picture of the Honda, put it under the Christmas tree in a box with both their names, and a note laying on top of the picture that read “you will find it in the back of the truck in the basement”. They completely forgot the rest of Christmas, and took off to the basement!
7. When my husband gave me my first microwave. He had taken it to my Mother’s where we always had Christmas together on Christmas Eve and did not put my name on the big package. Big surprise!
8. I gave my husband a wheelbarrow for Christmas at my Mother’s one year. But, the fun was how it got there. I had my brother pick it up. During the night, he went outside, took the wheelbarrow to the front door and knocked on the door. My husband answered it and realized it was for him.
9. My Mother and Daddy’s 50th wedding anniversary in 1986. My Dad died in 1991.
10. Watching my oldest grandson play football, and kicking that winning kick!
11. Watching my granddaughter on her Premier Soccer team kick a field goal.
12. Seeing my 12 yr old grandson out play older boys on his soccer team.
13. Getting my laptop, finally!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Technorati Tag: Thursday Thirteen
8. Wystful 1
10. Goddess In The City
11. Friday\'s Child
14. Mama Duck
15. Great Day
|23. Bloggin\' Outloud|
25. Code Yellow Mom
27. Southern Girl