Saturday, August 20, 2005

Who Speaks For Casey Sheehan?

We have heard lots from Casey Sheehan's mother this summer. As David Gelernter says in his article, the message of Casey was "I love my country".

And his mother's message? The FrontPage website noted her comments to a reporter. "The biggest terrorist is George W. Bush." And: "We are waging nuclear war in Iraq, we have contaminated the entire country." And most important: "America has been killing people on this continent since it started. This country is not worth dying for."

Casey's sister, Carly said, "That's all he wanted to do was serve God and his country his whole life." Cindy's cry of 'this country is not worth dying for', seems to be drowning out the message of her son, Casey - 'I love my country'.

1 Comment:

Godsdragon said...

I pity her, and I feel what her own family might be going thru. Her dead son's spirit and her inmediate family, that probably do not understand what she is doing...