Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What A Difference A Day Makes

When I stepped out into the cold this morning, I was reminded of the song, What A Difference A Day Makes, sung by Dinah Washington. Yesterday morning, at the same time, it was short-sleeved weather. And, this morning, it is quite nippy, needing a jacket.

Every day does make a difference in our lives, not only in the weather, but also in our daily living. Changes are daily made within our jobs, our homes, and our churches, that affect our daily lives.

Our home life should be changing for the better, day by day. We should be able to relate to those around us, and be able to withstand whatever trials come our way, without overacting to them. In other words, we should be able to live together amicably.

Our jobs are another matter. Some have co-workers who are impossible to work with. And, sometimes, that causes one to have to change jobs when they really do not want to. But, some will choose to try and get along, in order to stay where they are most comfortable. Time tells whether it is an alternative or not, to leave that position.

Church should be upmost on our list. We are the CHURCH, per se. Daily, we should strive to more closely resemble the example that Jesus gives us to be a Christian. Is society dictating to you what you should do, or how you should act/react? Or, do you rely on the commandments of God to guide you through each day? I find, that with each day, serving God is afresh, and deserving of my attention more, as I grow older. Hopefully, each day will make a difference in my walk with my Lord and God.

2 Comments:

Carol said...

Folks in AA take victory over their addiction one day at a time. To focus on growing in Christ just that one day without worry for the next would be of great help to me. Sometimes I'm intent on how things should look in the end, I forget about how it should look today.

Thanks for the reminder!

Barbara said...

I love the song, One Day At A Time! Yesterday's gone, tomorrow may never come - so work today to make life the best it can be!