Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks On Thanksgiving And Always

Thursday is Thanksgiving, a time to give thanks for all those blessings we have received throughout the year. But, I digress. Remember all the things you (and I) have complained about during the year? Did we once stop to think that God may have allowed those things to come our way to see how we would react? What did we do? Complain! And, scripture says for us to 'in every thing give thanks'.

Oh, I know it's almost humanly impossible to give thanks in every thing. I know I haven't. But, when we become humble, God can bless us. When we become humble before the Lord, then he's able to act on our behalf.

On this Thanksgiving Day, let us remember to thank God for all those blessings He has sent to us, all those He would have sent, had we obeyed Him, and all those blessings He still has in store for us. God is a God of more than enough, and He is ready to share with all those who will honor and obey.

I personally thank God for my family that is healthy, and blessed. I thank Him for the very breath I breathe, for the country I live in, and the freedom to worship Him today. I thank Him for waking up to a beautiful morning, the sun shining, the birds chirping, and the ability to see and hear all those wonderful things He has loaded us down with! He is so wonderful, loving, and deserving of all our praise and thanks!

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Psalms 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Thanks to California Conservative for the Thanksgiving Trackback party.
Linked to Floating Trackback Festival at Conservative Cat

Tags| , ,