Monday, November 14, 2005

Michael Newdow Is At It Again

The atheist, Michael Newdow, probably America's best known atheist, has once again come into the limelight. This time it's about 'money'. He believe that it's wrong to have 'In God We Trust' on the face of our money, since it's against those (atheists) that don't believe in God. He says this doesn't treat them 'equally'. Newdow plans to file this week.

"People say, 'Are you an atheist activist?' And I'm not," he continued. "I couldn't care less what anyone believes. I just care that our government treats everybody equally."

To believe he isn't an atheist activist would be to believe he isn't completely against God - just that he doesn't want his name mentioned on anything he may have to touch. In fact, on the news this morning, he made the statement that they couldn't take up a collection on his 'church', since they didn't believe in God. "In God We Trust" interfered with this process.

Tags| ,

4 Comments:

Alan said...

More power to you Michael!

Barbara said...

Alan, if you want to cheer Michael on, why not go tell him, not me. He'll never see it here.

Alan said...

If you don't want comments from atheists, then don't tag your posts with atheist. I certainly do cheer him on and look forward to the day when the money in this country is returned to the way it was envisioned by our founding fathers and not McCarthy era reactionaries.

Barbara said...

Alan, I never said for atheists not to post here. I said, if you wanted Michael to see your cheer, go tell him, since he wouldn't be reading it here.

I did hear something someone said the other day that made sense. Do you think Michael has a problem taking money for jobs or SPENDING that money, all of which has 'In God We Trust'? I don't think so.