Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Memories

Do you know where you were 42 years ago today? I can tell you exactly where I was, and what I was doing.

42 years ago, on November 22, 1963, President J.F.Kennedy was assassinated. I will never forget the day, since I was working at First National Bank, when they came in and told us the news. We immediately quit working, congregated in the Trust Department where I worked, and listened to the radio.

I had a date with my future husband that night. He was 22 years of age that day, waiting to go into the military. Many things have taken place since then (marriage, babies, grandchildren, deaths), but we have survived. Today is his birthday, and he's now 64 years of age.

Tags| , ,

4 Comments:

Callmeteem said...

I'm a Canadian, but I remember where I was--going to a class in Grade 4.

Barbara said...

And, that makes me feel old, although I love that alternative better than another. :) But, I was 20, when he died.

Karen said...

Barbara,

Thanks for stopping by my blog..I'm curious how you found me.

I was not even a glimmer in my mother's eye when Pres. Kennedy was shot (I wasn't born until '67!), but I've enjoyed your post and skimmed down at your others...you're a busy blogger!

Way to go.

Blessings,
Karen

Barbara said...

Karen, I found you from a comment on Amy's Humble Musings, about 100 ways to get hits. I've been a reader of hers for sometime. And, now, I'll be reading yours as well. :)

By the way, I have a son almost as old as you - born in May '68. :)