Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's Turkey Day Again!

If you are in the Central Time Zone or the East, then your turkey should be in the oven, almost done. This is my first year not to have Thanksgiving at my home in many years, back since my Mother got too old to hold it at her home. This year, it's my daughter's turn. And, she's baking the turkey, as well.

The protesters have come out in full force this year, against cruelty to the turkeys. I saw one from PETA on television yesterday, telling us that those 'little birds' are fed until they get so big, they can't breathe. Then, they are hauled off to the factory, where they are killed unmerciful, bleed to death, and scalded while still alive. They 'die a horrible death'. In other words, don't touch those birds! God didn't put them on earth for us to eat - just to feed and look at. Sure!

I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying my turkey today, along with all the trimmings - dressing, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce, green beans, potato salad, pumpkin bread, a number of casseroles - green bean and a broccoli/rice one,and all the sweet tea I can drink. To top that off, my daughter made a chocolate cake! Let your tastebuds take that in, wipe the dribble from your mouth, and enjoy this wonderful Thanksgiving that God has so graciously blessed us with! Let us give Him Thanks that we are alive, healthy, and blessed beyond measure!

Tags| ,

2 Comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! It's a snowy cold one in Northern Ohio. We have much to be thankful for and I am, as always, praising God for the many many blessings we received this year!

'On Ya' - ma

Barbara said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was as nice as mine. We spent ours with my elderly Mom at my daughter's = the first time she's had Thanksgiving at her home. And, we had a great time - ate too much!

And, I see you had a WHITE day, as well. It was beautiful here, up in the 50's.